jeudi 26 novembre 2009

Fly -- Kahil El'Zabar


My heart
is heavy
Without insight to release
and unsure to let go
.....They've played a game
.....on me
.....Bluffed well
.....But I ain't finished
.....Must wipe away
.....Illusion
.....Clear myself from
..... Confusion
.....Find the
.....Solution
.....and bring it all to
.....Conclusion
In time passing
vision has been away too long
while darkness gives me no comfort
.....Must gain courage
.....to say it
.....the way I see it
.....Live for what
.....I truly believe in
..........Be into it
.....Got to be no less
.....than what's in my heart
..........Don't hold back
.....There are no barriers
.....Except of mind
.....In a matter of time
.....they will disappear
.....Nothing holds the
.....spirit
.....Learn what is important
.....and lasting
.....Freedom is always
.....Its truth cannot be contained
..........Feel
.....Touch past sensation
..........Transform
.....And let nothing
.....hold you



A écouter sur l'album Welcome de l'Ethnic Heritage Ensemble (Leo 014, Helsinki, 1982), une formation discrète mais embématique de l'AACM en provenance de Chicago, dont Kahil El'Zabar est le point fixe et le percussioniste.


La formation de 1982 est un trio avec deux magnifiques souffleurs : Kalaparusha Maurice McIntyre et Edward Wilkerson.

Aucun commentaire: